Experienced American Quality Manager and Engineer with over 30 years experience working in various manufacturing environments currently seeking short or long term contract Quality Engineering or Product Inspection projects throughout China and Asia.
QR Code Link to This Post
Many years experience with on-site collaboration, working directly with factories in China verifying product conformance, supplier capabilities and training. Able to assist your company for short or long term duration, as needed.
Skills I possess include;
- Over twenty-five years as Quality Manager managing quality, engineering and production departments.
- Over twenty-five years experience working with large global clients.
- Over twenty-five years experience interviewing, hiring, and training employees in the USA and China.
- Over fifteen years as a small business owner importing products from China.
- Over fifteen years personally auditing potential suppliers, sourcing, inspection and manufacturing various products in China.
- Over fifteen years providing contract quality engineering and product inspection services in China.
- Over five years lean manufacturing implementation familiarity and lean manufacturing certificate from Motorola.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Education - Mechanical Engineering and Business Management.
Quality System Knowledge
- ISO 9000 Implementation, ISO Training, Policies, Procedures
- APQP, FMEA, PPAP, Control Plans, SPC
- Quality Engineering, DOE
- Precision Metrology, Gauge Calibration, MSA
- 8D Methodology, Corrective and Prevention Action Fundamentals
- 6 Sigma, Lean Manufacturing
- Supplier Audits, Supplier Goodwill Visits
- Customer-Supplier Liaison with Quality Issues
- Precision Machining, Molding Building
- Gray and Ductile Iron Castings, Die Castings, Investment Castings
- Plastic Injection Molding, Various Molding Processes
- Secondary Operations including Assembly
The main focus of the role will be to provide project, dimensional inspection and technical support to American based China and Asian suppliers in accordance with corporate goals and objectives.
The role will be focused on Mechanical and Quality Engineering aspects of supplier relationships, and will involve providing guidance to suppliers ensuring supplier product quality meets those requirements and supplying advice and feedback about suppliers to the company's executive, quality, purchasing and need to know engineers.
Able to work independently with considerable autonomy, exercise mature professional judgments in both technical and commercial matters, particularly in technical matters.
I am confident that my ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with your suppliers will benefit your company as it has my previous employers. I believe that my excellent record of success in reducing scrap, rework, and process improvement long with on time delivery performance improvement will greatly improve your supplier base and of course costs.
Available to visit your factory partners throughout China, Thailand, Viet Nam and Malaysia as your quality engineering representative as needed.
My home base in China is Shanghai, commuting regularly between China and my home in the Chicago area. Able to travel freely in China without a translator to various cities as needed.
If interested or would like to know more on how I can assist your company please reply to this email with your contact information, company name, phone number and what your requirements are. I can also supply you with a personal resume if needed. I appreciate your time and consideration.